My paint-by-numbers addiction


In the fall of 2017 I received my first paint-by-number. I had ordered it online and had no idea what I had just done to myself. It was a scene of Paris, France and the canvas was approximately 18 x 24” and not on a board. I was excited to start, but not sure where to start exactly. Do I start with number one and in order? Do I start in one corner and finish before I move on?

It was a little overwhelming. Some of the spaces were very tiny and the numbers were hard to read. Sometimes, I would accidentally paint over a number adjacent to the space I was painting. Luckily, it came with a duplicate image on paper so you could see what the number was supposed to be. My entire first painting, I did not water down the paints, so I almost ran out of some colors.

It took me a few weeks, but I finally finished. I ordered more. And more. Months later, I have a very large collection of completed paintings and am not sure what to do with them. I enjoyed doing them. I found it relaxing and quite the stress reliever. Thankfully though, I finally slowed down. Maybe weening myself off of the kits was a good idea. I couldn’t find any paint-by-number anonymous groups for addicts, so I’ve had to try to recover by myself.

I stopped buying them. That helped. Now a co-worker wants me to paint some for her. She purchased a few different paintings that she wanted but didn’t want to paint herself. Kind of a win-win situation. I get to paint still, but I have time to do other things.

Here are just a few that I have stashed in a drawer that I have finished.

560C541A-A196-4581-A2AB-506C02877CAA
This is one of the series that my cat loving co-worker asked me to paint.

Unicorn ornaments


image2

Creating these cute unicorn ornaments turned out to be a success! Normally, when you pull a craft idea from Pinterest, it doesn’t quite turn out how you expect.

Supplies: Glass bulbs, craft clay, bits (flowers), felt, glitter, and floor polish (I used pledge floor polish), and hot glue.

Coat the inside of the bulbs with the floor polish and pour out (it looks just like slightly soapy water), then pour glitter inside and coat. Put bulb top back on. I used air-dray model magic for the unicorn horns. I hot glued the horn and flowers and jewels on, and the felt ears. I drew on the eyes with black permanent marker.

Super easy and cute as heck!

My adopted little sis, Ashley is modeling a unicorn horn in the background. 🙂

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑